May 16, 2011
Apricot Ginger Beef and Broccoli
2 c Broccoli Florets
1/4 c Water
1 Tsp Canola Oil
3 Tbsp Sugar Free Apricot Preserves
1 c Rice (white or brown)
2 Tbsp Low-sodium Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Cilantro chopped
1/2 Tsp Carlic-Chili Sauce, such as Huy Fong
1. Place Broccoli in a microwave safe dish (or steamer). Add the water and cover. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until the florets are tender. Set aside.
2. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot add 1/2 Tsp of Canola Oil and Beef. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until about medium rare, about 2 minutes.
3. Move the beef to the outside of the pan and add the other 1/2 Tsp of Canola Oil. Add the Ginger into the oil and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the Apricot preserve and soy sauce, stir together and bring to a simmer.
5. Drain Broccoli and add it to the pan. Add chopped Cilantro, Garlic-Chili Sauce. Toss
I make my rice in my rice cooker so I start it before I start anything else. The Apricot Ginger Beef and Broccoli takes only about 8 minutes. Your rice would be cooked according to package directions and times.