September 6, 2011

Country Inn & Suites -Sioux Falls, SD

Photo from hotel website 

Traveling as a single person is a little different than traveling as a family.  I look for a hotels that not only provide value, but also allow me to use discount codes because often I am traveling on a budget.  When I check into a hotel I am attentive to how does the staff work with guests; the cleanliness of public spaces such as lobby, pool or fitness center; the cleanliness and location of my room.  I want to make sure I am comfortable and secure when I stay at hotels.

On a recent trip to Sioux Falls, South Dakota I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites located downtown.

I recently had my hours at work reduced, so my budget is tight.  I was in town for a friend's CD release party and wanted to stay close to the venue.  I had two options: Holiday Inn and Country Inn and Suites. I originally booked my reservation at Holiday, but then based on a recommendation from my friend Ross Sveback (www.rosssveback.com) changed my reservation to the Country Inn and Suites because I was able to use a discount code (CARLSONF) and he mentioned the wonderful breakfast.  I found out the code would save me over $30/night, in addition to saving money by not having to buy breakfast outside of the hotel.

I would want to thank Amber.  I was using the discount code CARLSONF, however online it would not allow me to use it with a check in date of Friday.  I called the hotel, Amber advised me to put my check in date as Saturday and then let her know.  She changed the arrival date and gave me the discount for Friday night as well.

Photo from hotel website
Anytime I met a member of the staff I was greeted. I was asked at check in if I had a floor preference- anything but the first floor and not by a stairwell were my requests.  I was on the third floor a few rooms from the elevator.  The room was clean with one of the most comfortable beds I have had in a hotel. I love pillows and my bed had four fluffy feather pillows. The hotel also had a workout room, pool and hot tub which I didn't have time to use, but I did look at them. 

One additional benefit of staying at Country Inn & Suites (any of them) is the breakfast each morning.  The breakfast was wonderful.  It had enough variety for any visitor. You could choose from cold cereal, eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, toast, patries...the list goes on. I am a coffee drinker and even though there was a coffee maker in the room, it was nice to take a coffee to go after breakfast when I left the hotel in the morning.

On site is also the Falls Landing Restaurant and Bar.  I did have time to enjoy beer in the bar with my friend.  The staff was friendly.  You can sit inside or out on their patio overlooking the Big Sioux River.


I would like to also add after my visit I received an email survey about my stay.  I mentioned a few minor things I noticed like the wallpaper in the bathroom needed fixed. I made sure to mention what Amber had done; it is important that when someone stands out with great service they should be recognized. I did receive an additional personal  follow up from the General Manager.

When I travel again I will consider Country Inn & Suites in any city.  This was a great hotel if staying alone, with a friend or even the whole family.  When I return to Sioux Falls, this will be my hotel of choice.

Thank you for a great stay to the staff 
at Country Inn & Suites- Sioux Falls!

No comments:

Post a Comment