November 28, 2011

Caesar Salad Dip



Caeser salad is a favorite amongst many people I know.  When my friend, Ross Sveback, came up with this recipe I knew I had to try it, but I wondered why not just use a bottle of Caeser dressing.  After making it I know why--it is thicker than dressing and great flavors.  It is perfect dip for Romaine lettuce leaves or hearts, cherry or grape tomatoes, and crusty bread.  I found a Tomato Basil bread at my local bread store.  I toasted it in the oven with a little olive oil.  You could also use a baguette; simply slice it into thin slices, brush it with olive oil and toast in the oven. 

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 cup grated, fresh Parmesan
1 tbsp. anchovy paste
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. pepper

Mix ingredients together and let chill for at least three hours for flavors to meld.  Serve with Romaine, tomatoes and bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment