March 28, 2011

The Inn (Minneapolis, MN)

Grass Fed Burger with Foie Gras Mousse and a Fried Egg
The Inn has become one of my favorite places to go downtown Minneapolis.  I must admit I am a little bias because one of my favorite mixologist, Jesse Held, can be found behind the bar and he was the reason I first went to The Inn.  Not only do I enjoy the flavorful unique cocktails poured, but I found a menu of freshly created dishes that are not only pleasing to the eye, but also to the palette.

The Inn is  located a few blocks from the Minneapolis Convention Center but you will not find a sign lit up in neon and bright lights, you will find a small space tucked between a parking lot and a wig shop.  This unassuming location is perfect for a night out weather you are on your own or with friends.
While The Inn has an extensive wine and beer list, I go there for the cocktails. Don't waste your time or even think about saying "I'll have a Vodka Cranberry or Gin and Tonic", you can make those at home. So what do I recommend when people ask me what I recommend to drink when I visit The Inn.  I always say "I recommend sitting at the bar and talking with the bartenders about what they can make to please your palette." I tell them that the guys behind the bar (especially Jesse & Tim because I know them best) are genius when it comes to flavor combinations and cocktails. Do you like Sweet? Savory? Bourbon? Citrus? Spicy? Gin? Just let them know and I promise they will come up with a drink that suits your palette and you won't ever find at a bar where they person behind the bar is flipping bottles to distract you from the fact that he or she is going to serve you a drink that can be duplicated at any of their other chain locations. 

Among my favorite dishes are the decadent Grass Fed Burger with Foie Gras Mousse and a Fried Egg, Crispy Potato Dumplings, Cured Meats, Chicken Wings and Roasted Peppers. The portion sizes make them perfect for a single person or couple.  

As a single gal, I enjoy sitting at the bar because it is more comfortable and enjoyable. I also learn about mixing drinks and different types of liquors from the bartenders. Also, don't be surprised if a little sample of something tasty from the kitchen arrives in front of you to try, the chef occasionally whips up something that is not on the menu and shares it with guests.

When you do go and sit at the bar tell Jesse and Tim that Kelly sent you and I promise you a good time with great drinks!

Contact Information:
The Inn Restaurant and Bar
89 10th Street South
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Phone: 612.886.2377
 

Hours:
Monday - Wednesday 5:00 p.m to 10:00 p.m
Thursday - Saturday 5:00 p.m to 12:00 a.m
Sunday Closed

Parking: Adjacent pay lots, metered street parking.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment