March 21, 2011

Now Eat This! by Rocco Dispirito

One of my favorite cooks books is Now Eat This! by Rocco Dispirito.  Rocco takes traditional comfort foods and reduces them to less than 350 per serving.  He uses ingredients such as Greek yogurt, whole-wheat pasta, and cauliflower to cut calories.  I must admit because of this book I was turned onto Greek yogurt.  I now use it often as a substitute for heavy cream.

I have several favorite recipes including: Chicken Marsala, Marinara Sauce, Better than Mashed Potatoes, Mac N'Cheese.  The Marinara sauce makes 6 cups, however it can be refrigerated or frozen for future use.

The recipes are not over complicated and the flavors are wonderful.  Most of the recipes are four servings which makes it nice for a single person because there are not a lot of leftovers and what is left holds up well for additional meals.

Tomorrow the next book comes out -Now Eat This! Diet: Lose Up to 10 Pounds in Just 2 Weeks Eating 6 Meals a Day! I am trying something new, I have it being downloaded to my Nook. Watch for further reviews on this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment