May 15, 2011

Moxie's Cold Cure-All

I found this wonderful drink in the book "Food Trucks" by Heather Shouse.  It is from Moxie Rx which was located in Portland, OR, but I found closed in April 2011.


Serves 1
Juice from 1⁄2 lemon
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger 
2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey (I used honey) Pinch of cayenne pepper 
1 dropper full of Super Echinacea
Soda water (optional)


Combine the lemon, ginger, honey, cayenne, and echinacea in a mug if making hot, glass if making cold. Stir ingredients to dissolve honey.  For hot beverage, add hot water to fill the mug and let steep for a minute.  For cold beverage, add enough ice to fill half the glass and top with soda water.

Even though this is called a "cold cure-all" I think it is a wonderful drink either hot or cold. I love the ginger and spice of the cayenne. 


No comments:

Post a Comment