May 25, 2011

Twin Cities Live Kitchen Takeover

Producer Kerry getting ready to shoot the show


Kerry shoots b-roll
I met Chef Daniel Green last July at an event and we have been friends on Facebook and Twitter since that meeting. He recently posted on Facebook that he was looking for a kitchen to take over and I thought it would be a great idea to promote cooking for one person.  I started talking with producer, Kerry K, to plan the show and she thought it was a great concept.  

Chef Daniel Green came to my condo last Monday to tape a segment called Kitchen Takeover for Twin Cities Live (KMSP-TV, Channel 5).  The segment usually is about people who cannot cook or sometimes have a kitchen that is a disaster. On the contrary I am I am a wonderful cook with an amazing kitchen. This Kitchen Takeover was inspired by my Small Serving blog (Make sure you sign up to follow my blog.)

Daniel sets up kitchen
Daniel arrived and we created a quick strategy of what he was going to make based on what was in my refrigerator and pantry. The first thing he noticed was Presidential Brie cheese; I found out that he writes recipes for them.  I use Presidential Brie all the time and this was the first time I tried the low fat version-it tasted just like the regular brie. He decided to make a baked brie and an arugula salad with homemade dressing, prosciutto,tomato and olives. (Recipes on my blog)

I loved having Daniel come into my kitchen.  I will admit I was nervous for a chef to be in my kitchen, but would welcome him or any other chef anytime!  I also have to thank my mom for telling me to clean my fridge. (Thank you!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment