May 4, 2011

Why I Love My Silpats

My friend, Ross, introduced me to the wonders of the Silpat.  Sure, I had seen them used before, but I didn't actually use one until I helped Ross make over 200 6" cookies for an event.
So what is a Silpat?  "The most popular non-stick baking item ever invented," according to their website (Silpat.com). It turns your cookie sheet or counter in a non-stick surface. It saves a lot of time cleaning up because the pan doesn't have any sticky mess on it. I simply wash the pan and Silpat with hot soapy water.

I used to us parchment paper all the time, but now I pull out my Silpat instead because it not only saves clean up time, it saves waste and money.  I still use parchment paper from time to time, just not as much.  

Silpats can be used in an oven up to 480°F. They can also be used in the microwave and freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment