December 19, 2011

Popcorn Salad

My friend Brenda Buus made this salad for me the first time I had it.  I thought "Is she crazy? Popcorn Salad?" She had made it before and it was a big hit. I was game and she was right it was good. She found this recipe on All Recipes.com.  I have made it a few times for people who were probably saying, "Is she crazy? Popcorn Salad?"

Ingredients:
10 slices bacon
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup diced celery
1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese,
divided
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts,
drained
1/4 cup shredded carrots
2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
6 cups popped popcorn
Directions:
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, 1 cup of the cheese, water chestnuts, 1/2 cup bacon, carrots and chives. Mix well. Add popcorn and stir to coat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment