January 30, 2012

Pork Medallion with Pepper, Onion & Pineapple

I recently saw a cooking demo with Chef Brian Duffy from Philadelphia making Pork Filet Medallions with a Pineapple Ginger Salsa. It was an easy dish that I could easily replicate and make for one.  With a few modifications I made a similar dish with ingredients I had in my kitchen. I have posted his recipe as well (Pork Filet Medallions with a Pineapple Ginger Salsa). 

I like using Schwans products because they often are individual servings or can be resealed and used as individual servings. Because items are frozen you may need to allow time to thaw.

1 Schwan's Boneless Pork Loin (#393), thawed
1 cup Roasted Peppers & Onions (#761), thawed
1/4 cup Pineapple
2 Tsp Ginger (Fresh or jar, I used jar)
1/2 Jalapeno Diced (add more depending on amount of spice you want)
2 Tsp oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

For Pork Loin
  1. Preheat skillet on Medium and add of oil.
  2. Remove chop from wrapper and season lightly with salt & pepper
  3. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes on each side
While cooking pork loin mix Roasted Peppers & Onion, Pineapple, Ginger, and Jalapeno in a bowl. When you are on the second side of cooking your pork loin add the mix to the pan, around the pork, with about 4 minutes left to heat. 
Remove pork from skillet and top with pepper mixture.







No comments:

Post a Comment