- 4 strips of thick bacon (2 oz.) chopped
- 1/4 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola (blue) cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 20 leaves of endive (from about 3 heads)
1. Cook bacon in a frying pan (not nonstick) over high heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel. Crumble and put in a serving bowl.
2. Mix together yogurt, cheese, 1/2 tsp. rosemary, and pepper in another serving bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. rosemary.
3. Peel leaves from head of endive, wash gently under cool water and dry.
4. Put endive leaves on a plate and serve with dip and bacon dust. Have a spoon available in the dip and bacon. To give guests the idea of how to eat I prepare a few leaves with the cheese spread and a sprinkle of bacon.