June 1, 2011

Crispin to the Rescue!

One beverage I enjoy drinking is Crispin Cider, you will most likely see many posts about their products on my blog from time to time.

This past weekend, while camping my mom realized she forgot a few items she needed for her Big Bean Pot and her German Potato Salad.  She needed an onion and brown sugar; I went to the local grocery store to pick up the missing item.  Just before I arrived back at camp she realized she forgot half of the the cider vinegar she would need for both items. Because it was only about 1/2 cup she thought she could get by without it, but knew it provided liquid to the dishes.  I suggested she split what she had and add a half bottle of Crispin Cider Brut to each dish.  It would provide a bit of the apple cider flavor to the dishes and the necessary liquid. Adding the Crispin actually cut the bite that vinegar has without compromising the taste of the Big Bean Pot and German Potato Salad. 

www.crispincider.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment